In this Policy
- Client means any person or entity who engages Anchor for freight forwarding and related services and any employee, contractor or agent of Anchor.
- Covered Person means any Client ( where the context requires ) and any employee, contractor or agent of a Client of Anchor
- Anchor means Anchor Logistics Pty Ltd of Level 4/520 Collins Street Melbourne Victoria
- Information means any information provided by a Client or a Covered Person to Anchor, including without limitation Personal Information.
- Personal Information means information whether recorded in a material form about a natural person whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the Information.
Anchor’s General Commitment to protect and respect Privacy
Use of Information
Anchor in the course of its business and in particular in communicating with Clients will receive Information from Clients and Covered Persons. Anchor currently only collects the information for the purpose of its internal business records, but may in the future use the information to directly interact with Clients for the purpose of marketing and providing information to Clients.
Anchor will at all times assume:
- That Information supplied may contain Personal Information.
- That the parties listed in the Information have consented to direct communications from Anchor.
- That the provider of the Information has itself complied with its obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles.
If Anchor commences direct marketing to clients it will include a means by which Clients may opt out of receiving further marketing information.
Anchor will not use Information except as required
Anchor does not share Information provided to it by a Client or a Covered Person with other organisations unless:
- It is given express consent; or
- Where sharing is otherwise required or permitted by law.
Anchor will not transfer Information outside Australia, or allow parties outside Australia to have access to it, without the prior written approval of the Client or Covered Person.
Anchor will only use Information provided for the purposes of fulfilling its obligations to the Client or Covered Person that supplied the information. If Anchor agrees to and a client chooses to access their own Client information through Anchor’s website ( “the Anchor Platform” ), such as bookings, freight progress and communications and pricing data and the like, use of the Anchor Platform could increase the potential for security breaches.
Protection of Information
Anchor keeps the Information provided to it for as long as it is required for the specified task or as required by law. Anchor will use Information only in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorised by the Covered Person. Anchor will only collect and store Personal Information where there is a business requirement to fulfil the purpose of the request and will retain such information no longer than appropriate to fulfil the purpose of the request.
Access to Information & Complaints
Anchor will allow Clients and Covered Persons access to Information on written request, subject to proof of identity. Anchor will promptly action any reasonable written request to update or correct any Information.
If a Client or a Covered Person has a complaint concerning Anchor’s collection or handling of information then the complaint must be directed to Sue Bond ( email address: firstname.lastname@example.org ) in the first instance and it will be responded to within 45 days ( “the Response” ). If the Client or Covered Person is not satisfied with the Response then they will have the right to have the complaint reviewed by the Privacy Commissioner and the Response will provide details of how to make application for review.
All users of Anchor’s website and in particular the portal, including any use of the features and tools within it, agree not to post or otherwise submit any Information that either causes any harm to any person or that is illegal or otherwise unlawful, including without limitation any hateful, harassing, pornographic, morally offensive, racist, criminal, obscene, defamatory or may encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability.